Dr. Gary Aleweiss is the Chief of Neurology at Englewood Hospital. He graduated Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Pennsylvania and was AOA Honor Society President in medical school. He was chosen as Chief Resident during his training at Mount Sinai Medical Center and completed a prestigious fellowship in EMG and Neuromuscular Diseases at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. The Castle Connolly Guide and NJ Monthly have consistently recognized him as a Best Doctor.
Though a New York native, Dr. Alweiss was happy to discover Bergen County in 1993 and co-founded Bergen Neurology Consultants. Dr. Alweiss maintains an affiliation with the Neurological Institute at Columbia University by teaching residents and medical students each year. He sees general adult neurology patients and has particular interests in nerve disorders and headaches. Dr. Alweiss performs EMGs, therapeutic Botox injections, and lumbar epidural injections.
Dr. Alweiss lives with his wife and two children in Bergen County. Spending time with his family, playing tennis and exercising keep him busy outside of the office. For over 20 years, Dr. Alweiss has enjoyed serving Bergen County community with compassion, competence and care.
Honors, Memberships & Positions:
- Chief of Neurology at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center
- Top Doctor in NJ Monthly, Castle Connolly Guide, and New York Magazine
- Chief Resident Neurology at MSSM
- AOA Medical School Honor Society – President
- Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa University of Pennsylvania
- Board Certified by ABPN (Neurology)
- Board Certified by American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (EMG)
- Board Member of Adler Aphasia Center